To get married in Tennessee you must obtain a marriage license. (Tennessee or
Mississippi) You do not have to be a resident of Tennessee but both parties must appear
and you both will need the following:
1. Proof of Social Security Number (Social Security Card or Driver License
2. Between the ages of 18 and 20 - State certified birth certificate
3. Age 21 and over - A picture ID is required for verification.
You may obtain your license Monday thru Friday at the following locations in our area.
The cost is $97.50. Offices are closed on some holidays.
Shelby County Clerk's Offices (901) 222-3015
1. North - 4836 Navy Road, Millington, TN (8:00am to 4:15pm)
(Convenient to Frayser, Millington and South Tipton County)
We can meet you at Aycock Park in Millington to do your ceremony!
2. Downtown - 150 Washington, Memphis (8:am to 4:15pm)
3. ** East - 1075 Mullins Station Rd, Memphis (9:00am to 5:15pm)
(just a short drive from the Bartlett Japanese Gardens)
**County clerks only issue your marriage license. They are not permitted to inquire as to who is
performing your ceremony, recommend, or give legal advice or opinions to you.
Tipton County Clerk's Office (901) 476-0207
220 Highway 51 North, Suite 2, Covington, TN
(We can meet you at Aycock Park in Millington.)
You do not have to be a resident of Mississippi to purchase a Mississippi marriage license
and you may do so at the Desoto County Circuit Clerk in Hernando, Mississippi and bring
it into Tennessee to be married. If purchasing in other counties ask the circuit clerk if you
can use it in Tennessee. The cost is $36.00.
To obtain a marriage license in Desoto County, MS, both applicants must appear and:
1. Proof of age is required in the form of drivers license, ID, passport or birth certificate.
2. If either applicant has been married before they must know the date the last marriage
ended. If the divorce was within the last 6 months a copy of the divorce decree is required.
3. Applicants under the age of 21 need parental consent.
Desoto County Circuit Clerk (662) 469-8350
2535 Highway 51 South, Room 200, Hernando, MS 38632
The Circuit clerk only issues the marriage license. Judges do not perform ceremonies in
Be sure to let your minister know you have a Mississippi marriage license.
|VENDORS & HELPFUL LINKS
"click on links to go to websites"
JOHN TUCKER PHOTOGRAPHY